Image Map

Friday 13 June 2014

The blues - Chambray Dress


Hooray! The sun is well and truly out! Which, of course means that so are my legs. Yesterday's sunshine-ready outfit was a new purchase. I can't remember the last time I bought anything other than for the children from Next. It's womenswear just isn't normally on my radar - I don't know why. But I clocked this lovely little chambray racer denim dress when it was featured in some of their press advertising. I thought it had potential. In fact, I searched for it online, but they were sold out in a size 10. Then, I was returning something in store this week and there it was, hanging near the doors and I just had to try it.

It's really cute! The sporty styling means that it looks just as great with a pair of plimsolls as it does with my trusty Stuart Weitzman wedges. It's exceedingly comfy too, just the right side of mini in the skirt without it looking too mutton on my mid-30s pins, the halterneck is super-flattering highlighting your shoulders and it only costs £32. Plus - bonus! - you might need to take a size down from your usual. I had to go down to an 8 as it's quite blousey up top otherwise. I know it's just a number and sizes vary from store to store and item to item, but psychologically it means a lot. I mean, be honest, when have you ever bought anything that you had to try in a size bigger? Yeah, I thought as much!

Next Chambray Racer Dress - £32; Stuart Weitzman Wedges (old - similar here); Emporio Armani Watch - similar here.

I love it. I think it's going to become a real throw-it-on Summer staple.

Keeping up with the blue theme, I gave myself a mini mani-pedi in the garden yesterday (after these outfit photos were taken. Why on earth didn't I do it before? Don't look at the nails!). I now have some seriously patriotic toes. Of course, I'm actually Welsh, but still...

Nail colours - Russian Roulette (red) & Mesmerised (blue) both by Essie available at Boots

No comments:

Post a Comment