Image Map

Thursday 26 June 2014

Lazy Day Legs - The boyfriend short


I always hated shorts. I've always thought they were hideously unflattering. That they were for men and female hikers only. I always thought they made my waistline look podgy, my bum doughy and my knees thick. But in the last two Summers I've changed my mind. I started to turn when I bought my first
pair of Siwy denim cut-offs. They were beautiful - the perfect amount of fraying at the leg, gorgeous studding detail and the perfect rise. I loved them. But then I realised you could see the bottom of my, well , my bottom and they had to go. I now own a more demure mid-thigh length rolled leg pair which are perfect for weekend slobbing about. But these leopard print babies are my absolute favourite. They are hands-down the best/ comfiest/ most flattering shorts I have owned.






Top by Mango (now appears to be sold out in charcoal, but still available in blue);
Shorts by Current/Elliott; Shoes - Belle by Sigerson Morrison

These ones are designer - Current/Elliott The Captain which I picked up from trusty old Yoox. They seem to be pretty tricky to get your hands on, but there are loads of high street chino and boyfriend shorts around at the moment. Here's my round-up of the best.


These are Current/Elliott's denim rolled boyfriend shorts in ever-useful white denim. These are on sale on net-a-porter for £108.50. Still pricey, but beautiful and you can find cheaper versions everywhere at the minute - Zara, Mango and Gap are all doing a great range of denim shorts this season.


If you're looking for something a little softer and closer to the ones I'm wearing, then Gap have come up trumps with their Boyfriend roll-up shorts. They come in a huge range of colours - how gorgeous is this coral red shade? And they cost £24.95 - bargain!


And of course, you can always rely on JCrew to give good short. These are their Broken-In Boyfriend Chino Shorts in a fab paint-splattered army green. Again these come in loads of plain colours too. These ones are £79.50, but the block coloured ones range from £35 to £49.50. These are guaranteed to be the hardest working pair of shorts you own! 

Do not fear the shorts ladies, they are so flattering and so versatile. Sling them on with your Superga or Converse for a lazy day look or slip on a silk cami top and some simple heels (my Shoemint Kate sandals are perfect) and you have got a laid-back Summer drinks look nailed. Embrace the shorts, love the shorts - because believe me, they'll love you right back.

No comments:

Post a Comment