Image Map

Sunday 11 May 2014

A sea of coral - outfit of the day

Is it still Spring? Someone forgot to tell the weather. Last week I managed to get one outfit from my Spring/Summer wardrobe into our weekly half hour of sunshine. And my wardrobe is currently a sea of coral coloured clothes. Ditto my make-up bag. I must have about half a dozen coral/orange/tomato toned lippies and it is my warm weather nail shade of choice too in variant hues. My favourite colour to combine it with is azure blue, or turquoise. Two new purchases have added this much needed pop of accent colour to my much-loved, oft-worn Rag&Bone coral skinny zipper ankle jeans. Hands down, these are my best fitting pair of skinnies - a true skinny fit, perfect mid-rise waist, ankle-grazing at exactly the right point, with just enough stretch so that you can actually sit down in them, but without them getting saggy and stretched-out after a couple of wears. They are great Summer jeans for when it finally (if ever) arrives. On Thursday, I wore them with the new Marc Jacobs handbag I got on last weekend's London trip (read about it here). And my beautiful new Charles Philip Shanghai slipper shoes.







These Charles Philip Shanghai shoes were a crazily bargainous £39 on Yoox (now sold out, of course, but they have loads of other colourways in stock). These retail at around £135 usually. They are impossibly comfortable - feeling more like slippers than shoes and it's taking a lot of willpower not to buy another pair in a stripey version, or camo, or gold, or leopard - you get the picture!








Jeans - Rag & Bone
Silk Top - American Vintage
Denim Shirt - Topshop 
Shoes - Charles Philip Shanghai
Bag - Marc by Marc Jacobs @ Liberty
(completely unnecessary) Sunglasses - Michael Kors




If you're looking to add just a flash of these shades into your look, then a slick of coral on the lips, a flick of azure eyeliner, or a swipe of either colour on the nails is the easiest way to do it. My current coral and turquoise make-up faves are my new Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick in colour 551 Aventure and Essie's incredible nail colours in Turqoise & Caicos and Sunday Funday. They look especially gorgeous worn together. All are available from boots.com.

The sea's lovely, come on in!



No comments:

Post a Comment